Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Is Anyone Is Doing Honey Bee Farming In Bangalore





Interview with Gonzalo Olmos

I saw an exhibition of photos and I thought great, faces and landscapes are combined under the lens of this young talent.
The operator is originally from Peru and living in England, I call and say if you have the opportunity to interview in a cafe, he tells me passing through the house, lives in West Hampstead, which is a larger area for artists to bankers.
Arrival in the afternoon, I ring the bell goes Gonzalo Olmos, has the look of a modern hippie, long hair, a peach-colored shirt, GAP jeans, timberland brown shoes and a smile aged amical.
The apartment is nice, there is a picture of Eduardo Tokeshi and a engraving by Jose Tola, also among his acquisitions is an original map of Peru, 1669. I can see that in every corner of the flat is a lover of Peru, invites me to sit down and offers me a drink, vodka tonic - I say.
No, "he responds, we Peruvians pisco sour, and begins to prepare it, ipso facto. Pisco comes
rich with a mixture of happiness and nostalgia, health! I said. And I think Gonzalo Olmos will continue the tradition of great photographers who have given us the country.

As you discover photography?

discover photography thanks to my father and my grandmother Elena Emilio. Especially when I came to visit from very small to Arequipa (the city where I was born in Peru). I was a kid trying to learn how to take photos with the 35mm camera Pope. My grandmother was a photography enthusiast, I remember accompanying her to develop the pictures and enjoy seeing the pictures together.

Which aspects of your photographic work are more important?

My photographic work focuses on mass, people and travel. All are important, but if I had to choose a most important is people. For example, I am now embarked on a project of "lonely people." By now you may be ahead just that.

When you take the camera you are forced to reflect on what you watch?

Yes and no. I mean better for me to take photos not only a technical exercise, sensory, but essentially a spiritual exercise, sensual and vital.

hold a camera I think hopefully helps me to reflect and thus to perceive the world around me with a different perspective: the light, colors, aromas, shapes, In short, everything around me in my generates different types of emotions. I just try to catch them, by way of maintaining and preserving the beauty of that moment. If we understand that life is the sum of "those" moments I just try to hijack the thousandth of life. If in that year caused a flash play or the audience in whatever form and this pleases him in good time.

What are your first memories of London?

I think my first memory is its architecture ... reach such a neighborhood like (Notting Hill), with terraces houses, Victorian and Georgian architecture and compare them to Peru. That the rectangular houses square in the case of the most wealthy or mats in the slums.

daily What is your philosophy?

An official Carpe Diem. No excess interpreted as possible to your last day, but as a reflection of being alive and do the best we can for you, the people nearest and dearest around you.

What music are you listening now and what book are you reading?

Jorge Drexler - Mi Guitarra & Vocal

Abril Rojo de Santiago Roncagliolo, Peruvian case.

A character in the story that you admire?

Nelson Mandela. Anti-Apartheid activist, 27 years in prison for his convictions political and social.



What do you expect from life?

fuck not much to those around me and not be screwed by those around me. Enjoy the simple things in life like walking barefoot on the beach or enjoy a glass of wine with friends. What good is the prestige, power, status and class?
only serve to create more divisions and lull people. Well



Gonzalo fucking hope not having much "I say.
Not at all / answers / with a smile that shows how nice it is and added with humor: if you want a pisco sour happens here.
Gonzalo
More photos: www.olmosphoto.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment